Preparing for your visit
Appointments may be arranged at any of our locations during the hours of 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM EST. Click here for office locations and telephone numbers. There is always a physician on call to take emergency calls at any time.
When you call our office for an appointment, briefly tell the receptionist about your eye problem so that the proper amount of time can be allotted for your appointment. Please let the receptionist know if you have previously been seen in any of our offices. If you need any special help for your visit, for example, use of a wheel chair or special translating needs, please make the receptionist aware when making your appointment.
Please note that your visit may require your being in our office for approximately 2-3 hours, and will usually consist of a complete eye examination. Because your eyes will be dilated, it is necessary for someone to drive you home after your appointment.
Please be sure to bring the following with you:
- Prescription glasses if you wear them
- Any eye drops you are currently taking
- All your insurance cards
- Driver's License / Photo ID
- Insurance referral forms, if needed (HMO patients)
- Medications - the containers or a list of all medications you are currently using
- Names and addresses of other doctors you are currently seeing
- Something to eat if you are diabetic
- A driver - to drive you home from your appointment because your pupils will be dilated
- Sunglasses- because your eyes will be sensitive to light while your pupils are dilated
- Authorization for treatment from your parent or guardian, if you are under 18
Please note that your appointment may take 2-3 hours.
If you will be traveling to one of our offices by car, click here for the location of our offices and maps to our offices. Convenient parking is available at all of our office locations. If you are traveling to any of our East Side or West Side offices by airplane, you will fly into Cleveland Hopkins Airport. Taxicabs are available outside of the terminal. If your stay is expected to be longer than one day, the receptionist at the office at which your appointment is scheduled will gladly give you a list of nearby hotels.